The 13 Worst Mistakes Made by Homebuyers
Buying a home can be one of the most exciting and rewarding times of your life.
Or it can be a roller-coaster ride of financial and emotional devastation. It depends on what you do. And what you do, depends on what you know. Most homebuyers do not have enough accurate knowledge. Worse, many are ill-informed.
This booklet lists 13 of the worst mistakes made by homebuyers. It suggests, briefly, how to avoid these mistakes so that buying a home will indeed be an exciting and rewarding experience.
- Exceeding your future financial limits
- Buying what you want instead of what you need
- Ignoring the extra costs & the hidden costs
- Failing to research the area
- Tolerating poor service from agents
- Taking the bait about the quoted price
- Losing money with auctions
- Being unprepared for Gazumping
- Being too ‘clever’ with an offer
- Not getting INDEPENDENT inspections & advice
- Being too quick or being too slow
- Being caught by an Investment scam
- Failing to complain
If you have a bad real estate experience you must complain. Often the louder you complain the more chance you will have of being compensated. At the very least, you will be helping other buyers to avoid making the same mistakes. Remember, too, that real estate institutes represent real estate agents not consumers. Complain to your lawyer or to the Department of Fair Trading or the ACCC.
If you wish to tell your story, please click here or you can also contact The Jenman Group on 1800 1800 18. We will do our best to help you.